Multiple Solutions

Let we know your doubts

Multiple Solutions

Messaggioda rakesh_rai » gio 24 giu 2010, 5:56

Can someone tell briefly how to solve the "multiple solutions sudoku" of June 23? After complete pencilmarking, I had to use "trial and error" to get to the solution.
rakesh_rai

Re: Multiple Solutions

Messaggioda gabriele » gio 24 giu 2010, 12:01

rakesh_rai ha scritto:Can someone tell briefly how to solve the "multiple solutions sudoku" of June 23? After complete pencilmarking, I had to use "trial and error" to get to the solution.

Rakesh, there is a mistake in the "to go" cells that shoul be 2
here the log from my solver
http://www.argio-logic.net/img/multiple.swf

note: the xcolors can be applied immediately from scratch with the same results
Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda purifire » mer 15 set 2010, 5:32

Gabriele, there seems to be an error in to To GO field for todays multiple. I have sent you an email with an attachment.

Rishi (purifire)
purifire

Messaggioda gabriele » mer 15 set 2010, 11:53

purifire ha scritto:Gabriele, there seems to be an error in to To GO field for todays multiple. I have sent you an email with an attachment.

Rishi (purifire)

Correct! 4 numbers can be inserted using coloring or chains techniques

when generating the puzzles I avoid to consider too complicated chains,
considering also complicated chains the numbers that can be placed are 10 (at least for my solver).
Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda Fred76 » mer 15 set 2010, 16:13

In fact, creating these grids is complicated, because you have to be sure that, for each cell which doesn't require to be filled, there are at least 2 different digits from which a solution for the grid can be found.

I'm not sure if it is sufficient to find digits with known techniques. Perhaps there is a cell where only one digit is correct to have a valid solution, and cannot be found with chains (or other known techniques).
Fred76

Messaggioda gabriele » mer 15 set 2010, 17:18

Fred76 ha scritto:In fact, creating these grids is complicated, because you have to be sure that, for each cell which doesn't require to be filled, there are at least 2 different digits from which a solution for the grid can be found.

I'm not sure if it is sufficient to find digits with known techniques. Perhaps there is a cell where only one digit is correct to have a valid solution, and cannot be found with chains (or other known techniques).

you're right, Fred.
Actually , I'm not sure that there are no other cells containing the same number in all the solutions.

I created the grids trying to avoid the use of complicated chains with many nodes.
I'm not completely satisfied of the results, perhaps i should reconsider the generation limiting the advanced techniques to Simple-Colors and XY-Chains.
gabriele
Amministratore

Torna a Questions & Answers