Contest 13

Everything about the contests

Contest 13

Messaggioda radekivv » sab 8 mag 2010, 8:33

Is it possible to see the results for individual games (time or completed/not completed) for each contest? I see the total score but would like to check how I did on each game. Thanks, radekivv

Thanks for the great tournament. Always fun to come back and get 2.5 hours fun :ciao :wall :ok .
radekivv

Re: Contest 13

Messaggioda gabriele » sab 8 mag 2010, 11:20

radekivv ha scritto:Is it possible to see the results for individual games (time or completed/not completed) for each contest? I see the total score but would like to check how I did on each game. Thanks, radekivv

Thanks for the great tournament. Always fun to come back and get 2.5 hours fun :ciao :wall :ok .

in the top menu of the contest results you can find two more standings:

variants summary

&

users standings

thanks for your presence to the contest
Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda radekivv » sab 8 mag 2010, 18:36

Thanks Gabriele, I found it. However, I do not see results (even though they will not be complete) for Contest 13. I compared the games that I finished with the overall score and it seems to me that I am missing 6 points (pointing toward Jigsaw Mini). I wanted first check the results to verify if there was a problem or if it is just my imagination :?. Not that this will make a big difference in my results :lol:.
radekivv

Messaggioda gabriele » sab 8 mag 2010, 18:44

radekivv ha scritto:Thanks Gabriele, I found it. However, I do not see results (even though they will not be complete) for Contest 13. I compared the games that I finished with the overall score and it seems to me that I am missing 6 points (pointing toward Jigsaw Mini). I wanted first check the results to verify if there was a problem or if it is just my imagination :?. Not that this will make a big difference in my results :lol:.

you can see the current contest result when you reach 300 points or you finished the 2.5 hours
just go to the contest page, click on start and click on a variant puzzle
a link to the contest result should appear
Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda radekivv » dom 9 mag 2010, 3:20

Gabriele, I think I found the problem. Neighbours have assigned 25 points, but in my final results they are worth of only 21 points. I see that this is true for everyone. On the other hand, Exclusions got 20 instead of 16 points. Is this just a typo or was it just not changed on the point assigment sheet? :conf ;)
radekivv

Messaggioda gabriele » dom 9 mag 2010, 17:49

radekivv ha scritto:Gabriele, I think I found the problem. Neighbours have assigned 25 points, but in my final results they are worth of only 21 points. I see that this is true for everyone. On the other hand, Exclusions got 20 instead of 16 points. Is this just a typo or was it just not changed on the point assigment sheet? :conf ;)

just not changed on the contest main page when selecting puzzles.
they puzzles are selected in this way:

if the variant is worth N points,
I go to look in the archive for a puzzle that has been solved by the first 10 with the average time of N/2 minutes,
I verify the level of difficulty with my solvers and I propose one of equal difficulty

I could not find an "exlcusion" solved in 8 minutes so I changed the points assignment
here is the table I prepare for the assignement of the point and the final results of the contest
as you can see the contest results are always much better than tha daily, because the skill of players is much better

generally we have an exception for the classic ,where the skill of daily players is comparable to the contest (do someone of daily solvers use a soft solver? perhaps in the past, today the problem is very limited)

and sometimes some incomprehensible difference, like the city of the last contest

it's not the first time that I make a mistake , in spite of several days spent and controls made in the preparation of the pages.

that is why i'm thinking to an additional contest with no selection of the puzzles and difficulty at random, where there is no much work for the preparation.

Immagine
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda radekivv » lun 10 mag 2010, 2:47

Hi Gabriele,
thanks for the explanation. No problem at all - everything is all right - these things happen all time. :ciao
radekivv

Messaggioda pgreg » mar 11 mag 2010, 20:52

Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
pgreg

Torna a Contest