Bug!!

Let we know your doubts

Bug!!

Messaggioda gauravkorde » mer 19 ago 2009, 17:37

While solving the puzzles today I found out that the City and Logic Mind puzzles were same as yesterday!! In Logic Mind I remembered the digits and got 5 correct in the 2nd attempt itself. I took 55 sec because I wasn't knowing the last digit. After talking to Bely, I realized that it wasn't the same case with others and everyone else got different puzzles. So my time of 55sec is fake and its unfair to others who solved different puzzles. Same is the case with city puzzle and also with ABC..so I didn't solve it further!!

This is the 2nd time it has happened with me.. Last time it was probably a week earlier but that time i thought it would be same case with everyone!!
gauravkorde

Re: Bug!!

Messaggioda gauravkorde » mer 19 ago 2009, 17:52

btw How about starting another topic "Q&A" in the English section because I don't think this topic is there in the right place!!
gauravkorde

Messaggioda gabriele » mer 19 ago 2009, 18:27

hello Gaurav
nice to hear you!
the puzzles of today and yesterday are different!
what hanneped to you is not the first time is happening.
in my idea is due to the time zone, where the Client (users) browser time zone is some times different from the calculated server time zone.
I try to explain better: you most probably played the puzzels in te same italian day (GMT+2) and you received the same puzzle instead o f the message "puzzle already solved"
my queries to my provider did not get yet the solution to the problem.
i'm studying the case hoping to find the solution.
Sooner or later we are anyway expecting your presence in the forum to learn from you some secret about your way to solve the puzzles so quickly.

please let me know time zone; for the server you played the puzzles at
logic mind 19 aug 7:16, 18 aug 21:24
city19 aug 7:17, 19 aug 21:30

ciao
gabriele
Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda gauravkorde » mer 19 ago 2009, 22:29

Hi
on both the days i think i solved the puzzles in our afternoon... (India: GMT +5:30) which would be around 11 am your time!!

gabriele ha scritto:
Sooner or later we are anyway expecting your presence in the forum to learn from you some secret about your way to solve the puzzles so quickly.

lolz there is nothing much one can do except practice... i do not use any bigger techniques than the ones given on this site http://www.brainbashers.com/sudokuhelp.asp
and I am sure nor does the other great players... and even after knowing everything, it took me few months of practice to get used to them and finding them out in seconds!!
Also for variations, creating a puzzle helps understand the variation a lot.. I created quite a few Anti-knight sudokus way back and hence I am pretty much acquainted with the various techniques required in the tougher AK puzzles..

also playing regularly on interface where you can enter digits with numpad will help improve time a lot...because interface where one can enter digits through numpad is almost same as solving on paper which is what is done in major tournament!! with the numpad or paper/pencil one can enter as many as 2-3 digits in a sec.! (finding out 2-3 digits in 1 sec is extremely hard and it cant be done through this interface...because on this interface entering 1 digit takes more than 1 sec) that is how Jakub O. can solve easy 9x9 ones under 40 sec!! (check out few of his youtube videos) I am still lot slower than him or others...
but anyways I love this site.. there is hardly any site which offer so many variations each day... :)

Cheers
Gaurav
:)
gauravkorde

Messaggioda HeartattacK » gio 20 ago 2009, 23:48

gauravkorde ha scritto:............can solve easy 9x9 ones under 40 sec!! ..............

stica ...... e meco .............. !!! :hai

:mrgreen:
HeartattacK

Auto-translation

Messaggioda gabriele » ven 21 ago 2009, 14:56

HeartattacK ha scritto:

stica ...... e meco .............. !!! : (slang,vulg) GOSH!
Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda gabriele » ven 21 ago 2009, 15:06

gauravkorde ha scritto:While solving the puzzles today I found out that the City and Logic Mind puzzles were same as yesterday!! In Logic Mind I remembered the digits and got 5 correct in the 2nd attempt itself. I took 55 sec because I wasn't knowing the last digit. After talking to Bely, I realized that it wasn't the same case with others and everyone else got different puzzles. So my time of 55sec is fake and its unfair to others who solved different puzzles. Same is the case with city puzzle and also with ABC..so I didn't solve it further!!

This is the 2nd time it has happened with me.. Last time it was probably a week earlier but that time i thought it would be same case with everyone!!

The bug, due to the time zone, (already identified for other variants in the past) has been corrected in Logicmid, City, Abc
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda Enrico60 » lun 24 ago 2009, 0:21

HeartattacK ha scritto:
gauravkorde ha scritto:............can solve easy 9x9 ones under 40 sec!! ..............

Ringrazio il sempre gentile ed educato Alberto, ma ... stica e meco ... sono ancora niente personalmente alla Carloplus preferirei cistàbeneunp.....pi.c.... gauravkorde!!!!
..... chi vuoi prendere in giro ... tanto l'italiano riesci a metterlo a fuoco, 40 secondi per un facile .... ma quanti certi inseriti 70, su questa considerazione mancano 11 numeri, supponiamo un tempo di reazione alla digitazione sulla tastiera pari 15 millisecondo, almeno 20 secondi per interpretrare la griglia , altri 11 secondi per inserire i candidati del ragionamento concediamoci altri 10 secondi per controllare .. ops!!! siamo già fuori!!!!
RAL 2586 a.s. Enrico
Enrico60

Messaggioda gabriele » lun 24 ago 2009, 13:31

Enrico60 ha scritto:
HeartattacK ha scritto:

Ringrazio il sempre gentile ed educato Alberto, ma ... stica e meco ... sono ancora niente personalmente alla Carloplus preferirei cistàbeneunp.....pi.c.... gauravkorde!!!!
..... chi vuoi prendere in giro ... tanto l'italiano riesci a metterlo a fuoco, 40 secondi per un facile .... ma quanti certi inseriti 70, su questa considerazione mancano 11 numeri, supponiamo un tempo di reazione alla digitazione sulla tastiera pari 15 millisecondo, almeno 20 secondi per interpretrare la griglia , altri 11 secondi per inserire i candidati del ragionamento concediamoci altri 10 secondi per controllare .. ops!!! siamo già fuori!!!!

I would like to invite all of us to use in this forum only english!
about the statement of Gaurav:
"can solve easy 9x9 under 40 sec" is referred to Yakub ( Gotroch)
the times are recorded also on youtube.
the contests results seems to validate this statement
anyone is free to believe it or not, it is not important

the important is:
TRY TO DEFEAT HIM IN THE CONTEST, IF YOU CAN
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda gauravkorde » mer 26 ago 2009, 12:17

@gabriele

No.. I am talking about Jakub Ondrusek (who also plays as jaku111). Jakub Hrazdira (Gotroch) is no doubt fast.
jaku111 has recorded his fastest time of 36sec on speedsudoku. And he has gone below 40sec a number of times...
check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p4M9XV0lPY
these are some of his normal timings (50sec to 1min)
gauravkorde

Messaggioda gauravkorde » gio 27 ago 2009, 18:09

I know it sounds unbelievable at the beginning but there are so many instances where jaku111 has surprised everyone. His timings on sudoku-league and fed-sudoku.eu are always astounding.
gauravkorde

Messaggioda rakesh_rai » gio 4 mar 2010, 15:12

I do not want to open a new thread for a small query. So including my post here. There seems to be a minor issue with the Charts summary query, it seems. Take a look at the attached image and you will know what I mean to say.
chart.jpg
chart.jpg (28.54 KiB) Osservato 12345 volte
rakesh_rai

Messaggioda gabriele » gio 4 mar 2010, 15:55

thank you rakesh:
there was an error on the sql query for the consecutive:
it was considering both consecutive and consecutive+N together
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda rakesh_rai » lun 8 mar 2010, 8:23

Minmax: On completion I got a long string of numbers on the screen (see below) and the points in the charts are also zero. The pencilmarks are also not behaving perfectly. Probably you are in the process of changing to the new gui here.
minm.jpg
minm.jpg (38.94 KiB) Osservato 12292 volte
rakesh_rai

Messaggioda gabriele » lun 8 mar 2010, 12:04

Hi rakesh,
as usual you're right
i forgot something in the process
the string you see (should be visible only to me) is the time recorded by flash plus the sequence of cells entered (to find possible cheaters)
i will fix it immediately.
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda rakesh_rai » lun 17 mag 2010, 5:47

I am unable to submit the solution for today's "Multiple" sudoku, inspite of trying several times. I can see "Congratulations - Puzzle Solved" at the bottom of the screen but the time is not getting saved.
rakesh_rai

Messaggioda gabriele » lun 17 mag 2010, 12:12

rakesh_rai ha scritto:I am unable to submit the solution for today's "Multiple" sudoku, inspite of trying several times. I can see "Congratulations - Puzzle Solved" at the bottom of the screen but the time is not getting saved.

fixed!
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda rakesh_rai » mar 18 mag 2010, 4:08

Thanks Gabriele.

After solving today's multiple, I realized that the grid is (most probably, not 100% sure) the same as yesterday. Or, is it some cache issue on my browser?
rakesh_rai

Messaggioda gabriele » mar 18 mag 2010, 12:15

rakesh_rai ha scritto:Thanks Gabriele.

After solving today's multiple, I realized that the grid is (most probably, not 100% sure) the same as yesterday. Or, is it some cache issue on my browser?

100% sure
when i changed the way to enter the last digit I left inside the code the test string in place of the link to the daily string
thank you
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda rakesh_rai » mar 8 giu 2010, 6:53

Gabriele: Just thought I should let you know...I was unable to open the new variant "1 and 2" yesterday and I am unable to open it today either.
rakesh_rai

Messaggioda gabriele » mar 8 giu 2010, 11:40

rakesh_rai ha scritto:Gabriele: Just thought I should let you know...I was unable to open the new variant "1 and 2" yesterday and I am unable to open it today either.

the new variant 1and2 is NOT working with Internet Explorer,
It works with other browsers firefox and chrome.
I will investigate and report.
gabriele
Amministratore

MICROSOFT & THE MISTERY OF LOST FILENAME

Messaggioda gabriele » mar 8 giu 2010, 11:57

gabriele ha scritto:
rakesh_rai ha scritto:Gabriele: Just thought I should let you know...I was unable to open the new variant "1 and 2" yesterday and I am unable to open it today either.

the new variant 1and2 is NOT working with Internet Explorer,
It works with other browsers firefox and chrome.
I will investigate and report.

found!
internet explorer does not accept the filename "12.swf"
it's accepting "copy12.swf"
microsoft's mystery
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda gabriele » mar 8 giu 2010, 13:33

your time has been updated
gabriele
Amministratore

Nurikabe of 22/2/2011

Messaggioda rakesh_rai » mar 22 feb 2011, 19:29

Gabriele: I have a solution which looks ok to me but is not being accepted on the site. I have sent a screenshot by email to you.
rakesh_rai

Re: Nurikabe of 22/2/2011

Messaggioda gabriele » mer 23 feb 2011, 12:13

rakesh_rai ha scritto:Gabriele: I have a solution which looks ok to me but is not being accepted on the site. I have sent a screenshot by email to you.

Rakesh, your solution is ok, the solution string uploaded on the server was wrong
all yesterday's records will be deleted.
gabriele
Amministratore

Torna a Questions & Answers