contest 14

Everything about the contests

contest 14

Messaggioda gabriele » dom 13 giu 2010, 11:37

Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Re: contest 14

Messaggioda gabriele » dom 13 giu 2010, 17:12

THE LAST FAMOUS WORDS
gabriele has written:
surely the choice of that minmax has been unfortunate,
however it is only a matter of patience

the patience is not enough, making some accounts;
if in 30 minutes I have inserted only 6 numbers
6:30=(81-8): x minute
x=365

you must, therefore, to assure that for 365 minutes nobody comes to bother with nonsense of the type "the lunch is ready"

here, however, the solution,

https://www.argio-logic.net/img/MIN.swf

easy, no?
Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda WaterlooMathie » dom 13 giu 2010, 19:07

The min/max puzzle wasn't too bad... but it did take me the longest to solve out of all of the other puzzles. Hopefully future contests will have similar puzzles that are able to separate the stronger solvers in the standings.
WaterlooMathie

Messaggioda pgreg » dom 13 giu 2010, 19:07

Immagine

ImmagineImmagineImmagine
Immagine
pgreg

Messaggioda Bely » dom 13 giu 2010, 22:01

Hi Gabriele and contest's minmax solvers :)

unfortunately i didn't close the contest due to the really slow connection... btw, before stopping I already opened AND DECIDED TO ABANDON that grid :mrgreen: and even now I'm not able to escape from a conceptual loop at the very beginning! can someone help me? :wall

what i think is: if the rule is "yellow cells: all diagonally adjacent cells are bigger - blue cells: all diagonally adjacent cells are smaller " I can deduce that EVERY cell having ONLY SMALLER diagonal neighbours is blue - and vice versa for yellow. So let's start from scratch:

the given 8 in r9c6 is white. so, since it has 2 diagonal neighbours, one of them should be smaller, the other one greater than 8 (i.e. 9).

Our 9 can be placed only in r8c7. But r8c7 is white too. A "9", according to the rules, can be white (and not blue) only if it has another 9 as diagonal neighbour. But in its case no other 9 can be placed in its diagonals... where I'm wrong?? :wall
Valeria
Bely

Messaggioda WaterlooMathie » dom 13 giu 2010, 23:31

Bely ha scritto:the given 8 in r9c6 is white. so, since it has 2 diagonal neighbours, one of them should be smaller, the other one greater than 8 (i.e. 9).

Our 9 can be placed only in r8c7. But r8c7 is white too. A "9", according to the rules, can be white (and not blue) only if it has another 9 as diagonal neighbour. But in its case no other 9 can be placed in its diagonals... where I'm wrong?? :wall

A 9 can be in a white square if there is a 9 diagonal to it (which would also be in a white square). Similarly, your logic with the 8 in r9c6, should take into account that an 8 could be in r8c7 (assuming that cell is also white, this is a possibility).
WaterlooMathie

Messaggioda Bely » lun 14 giu 2010, 7:14

:o you're right... i should go out from spring sleepiness before dealing with such problems :mrgreen:

thanks a lot ;)
Valeria
Bely

Messaggioda Rohan Rao » ven 18 giu 2010, 17:50

@Organisers
I am very late, but still, thanx for the wonderful contest.
I quite enjoy solving on this site, and cheers to the progress! :-)
Good job, keep it up and looking forward for more in future.

Rohan.
Rohan Rao

Headshrinker - Strizzacervelli

Messaggioda gabriele » mer 8 set 2010, 12:06

WaterlooMathie ha scritto:Hopefully future contests will have similar puzzles that are able to separate the stronger solvers in the standings.

I thought to make a test with hard puzzles to see if our users like it.
the test's name is HEADSHRINKER"
The contest will start on Thursday, 16th September 22:00 (GMT +1) and will end on Saturday 18th 24:00.
You have NO TIME LIMIT to complete the sudoku variants within the contest limits.
The difficulty of puzzles is QUITE HARD, but not impossible.

https://www.argio-logic.net/indexuk.php?p=headshrinker

Ho pensato di fare un test con schemi abbastanza difficili per vedere se ha successo.
il nome del contest è STRIZZACERVELLI
La gara partirà giovedì 16 settembre alle 22:00 e teminerà a mezzanotte di sabato 18.
Non ci sono limiti di tempo per risolvere gli schemi, entro la durata della gara.
La difficoltà degli schemi è ABBASTANZA DIFFICILE, ma non impossibile.
gabriele
Amministratore

Re: Headshrinker - Strizzacervelli

Messaggioda WaterlooMathie » gio 9 set 2010, 21:25

gabriele ha scritto:
WaterlooMathie ha scritto:Hopefully future contests will have similar puzzles that are able to separate the stronger solvers in the standings.

I thought to make a test with hard puzzles to see if our users like it.
the test's name is HEADSHRINKER"
The contest will start on Thursday, 16th September 22:00 (GMT +1) and will end on Saturday 18th 24:00.
You have NO TIME LIMIT to complete the sudoku variants within the contest limits.
The difficulty of puzzles is QUITE HARD, but not impossible.

https://www.argio-logic.net/indexuk.php?p=headshrinker

Ho pensato di fare un test con schemi abbastanza difficili per vedere se ha successo.
il nome del contest è STRIZZACERVELLI
La gara partirà giovedì 16 settembre alle 22:00 e teminerà a mezzanotte di sabato 18.
Non ci sono limiti di tempo per risolvere gli schemi, entro la durata della gara.
La difficoltà degli schemi è ABBASTANZA DIFFICILE, ma non impossibile.

I like this idea and can't wait for the first "HeadShrinker" tournament...

Also, the Heading in the English version of argio-logic is currently spelled "HeadhSrinker" instead of HeadShrinker.
WaterlooMathie

Torna a Contest