Jigsaw non consecutive

Forum dedicate at the discussion of the sudoku's techniques

Jigsaw non consecutive

Messaggioda gabriele » mar 16 nov 2010, 20:04

also this hybrid is quite difficult, if not impposible to generate
in the following grid the brute force doesn't find any solution

Immagine

Will Gotroch, the Great, be able to extract again the rabbit out of hat?
Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Re: Jigsaw non consecutive

Messaggioda Gotroch » mer 17 nov 2010, 22:01

gabriele ha scritto:Will Gotroch, the Great, be able to extract again the rabbit out of hat?

I tried to use your composition of the blocks to produce valid sudoku, but no rabbit out of hat today, as after a while I found that grid has no solution even if you do not add any number.

Jigsaw sudoku is very difficult variant type, for example just simple jigsaw sudoku can have no solution for some composition of the blocks. And with combination with nonconsecutive producing valid grid is harder. So if I return to your grid, the fact it doesnt have any solution could be because you chose blocks dissected a lot(i hope you understand, what i mean).

You can
-use simpler blocks
-generate only nonconsecutive grid and then choose blocks from solution
-try to generate nonconsecutive puzzle with ~5 blocks and choose rest of the blocks from solution

I managed to create valid jigsaw+NC puzzle, but it is done manually(with assistance of JSudoku program,which is very great tool for sudoku creators), programming it will be more difficult quest.

Good luck.
Allegati
Jigsaw NC.JPG
Jigsaw NC.JPG (26.99 KiB) Osservato 2797 volte
Gotroch

Messaggioda Enrico60 » mer 17 nov 2010, 23:55

Gotroch ha scritto:
gabriele ha scritto:Will Gotroch, the Great, be able to extract again the rabbit out of hat?

I tried to use your composition of the blocks to produce valid sudoku, but no rabbit out of hat today, as after a while I found that grid has no solution even if you do not add any number.

Good luck.

..... generate only nonconsecutive grid and then choose blocks from solution, but no rabbit out of hat today ...done manually, of course!!! i'm sorry "The Boss" but CMS is knocking on my door!!!!!
RAL 2586 a.s. Enrico
Enrico60

Messaggioda gabriele » gio 18 nov 2010, 1:51

Gotroch ha scritto:I tried to use your composition of the blocks to produce valid sudoku, but no rabbit out of hat today, as after a while I found that grid has no solution even if you do not add any number.

Jigsaw sudoku is very difficult variant type, for example just simple jigsaw sudoku can have no solution for some composition of the blocks.

After many days of study,

I must say that

I agree with you, Yakub, (of course)

jigsaw has to many constraints that can not be seen easily.

in this case, instead, the reason can be found, if you know the Low of Leftovers

it's a challenge for Valeria (Bely) that loves jigsaw hybrids:

why this grid is impossible for jigsaw - Anti knight:

Immagine

anyone that find the solution to the quiz, can send me a mp.
Il genere umano è diviso in 10 specie: quella che capisce il binario e quella che non lo capisce
gabriele
Amministratore

Messaggioda Bely » gio 18 nov 2010, 8:25

gabriele ha scritto:
Gotroch ha scritto:

it's a challenge for Valeria (Bely) that loves jigsaw hybrids:

anyone that find the solution to the quiz, can send me a mp.

who wants to send Gabriele a mp probably can stop reading here, i have an idea :scr

is it because r2c5 ( due to the L.O.L. ) must be equal to r3c3 or r3c7, and in both cases the AK rule can't be respected?
The same is true for r8c5 with respect to r7c3 and r7c7 :mrgreen:
What I don't know is how the jigsaw grids could be automatically checked in advance to avoid something like that... but this is a challenge for a big boss like you :ok
Valeria
Bely

Torna a Variants & Techniques